Cleadon Lane, Cleadon,
Sunderland, SR6 7UY
(0191) 5292369 
Monday - Saturday 9am - 6pm, Sunday 9am - 12noon

Cleadon Kennels

Council Contracted Kennels


The dogs pictured below, are in the care of the local council. Dogs shown in this section have been found straying by a dog warden or a concerned member of the public. Your dog has been brought to Cleadon Kennels because.... 
  • It was out unaccompanied, not wearing an identity disc (which is required under the Environmental Protection Act 1990), or
  • It was not possible for the finder to contact you on the details available at the time, or,
  • Your dog has been collected as a stray before. 

All dogs brought to the kennels are photographed by the staff on arrival or the next working day and given a reference number. Please use this number where available when contacting the us. Please see images below.
They are checked for any obvious injuries and held by Cleadon Kennels on behalf of GATESHEAD, SOUTH TYNESIDE & SUNDERLAND councils for at least 7 days. During this time we will attempt to find the owner of the dog. An owner should collect their dog from the kennels as soon as possible. You can collect your dog Monday to Saturday 9am - 6pm and Sunday 9am - 12noon. Although the council and the kennels will try to locate the owner, no responsibility will be accepted if the dog is not collected during this period.

All dogs seized as strays by the council will become the property of the council after they have been kept for a mandatory period of 7 days and remain unclaimed by the owner. The dog will be rehomed on behalf of the council by the kennels and the previous owner will have no legal claim to it.
If you believe you are the owner of one of these dogs, please contact us on (0191) 5292369 during the hours above. To assist us in returning your dog, please bring with you any proof of ownership you may have i.e. papers, vaccination or vet record, microchip details, photograph etc. Please also bring with you one proof of your identity i.e. passport, driving licence etc. together with one proof of your address i.e. utility bill, bank letter etc.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.